Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Water Drops

I’m sitting in traffic, literally just sitting there in the vehicle on the interstate waiting for the obstacle(s) to be removed. It’s raining and the wipers are on low, intermittent. I do a pretty good job of keeping my windshield coated with a water repellant so the beads of water tend to clear quickly.

As I am sitting there listening to some audio education on the CD player I’m watching the rain on the windshield. Very small droplets of water begin to gather and adjoin with other nearby drops. As the drops get bigger they move more. As they move and join with more drops they race down the windshield and disappear.

I liken this to the momentum that we experience in life. Here we are just hanging out. Then we grab onto something and get some movement going in our lives. We attract others and our momentum grows and we move faster. We reach a point where we are racing along at lightning speed as we make our progress.

As the drops move on the windshield they connect with others which help to move them faster. The direction is dependant on how the vehicle itself is moving. In my example I’m sitting still. If I were going 55 mph the drops would be moving in a different direction because of the wind resistance.

There are many factors in our lives that will play a part in how we, like the droplets of water, will navigate through our lives. Bottom line, you are in charge. You decide how many more droplets you want to acquire. You decide how fast you want to travel. You decide if you even want to go outside and dance in the rain.

Happy dancing! GO DO!™

Your comments are appreciated.

GO DO!™
By Tony Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment